Serving West-Central OHIO since 1953
600 North Second Street
Coldwater, Ohio 45828
Phone: (419) 678-2397
Fax: (419) 678-8279
1110 Sweitzer Street
Greenville, Ohio 45331
Phone: (937) 548-1202
Fax: (937) 548-2476

The History of Lefeld Welding & Steel Supplies, Inc.

Lefeld Welding and Tire Service was founded in Coldwater, Ohio by Joseph H. Lefeld, offering welding repair, metal fabrication and tire repair for the agricultural, commercial and industrial local market with three employees.

In February of 1968, Lefeld Welding & Steel Supplies, Inc. was formed with Joseph H. Lefeld, Stanley Lefeld and Donald Lennartz as stockholders. Operations include a fabrication facility to serve a wide variety of local customers within the industrial and agriculture community with custom metal fabrication.

In March of 1968, Lefeld Welding & Steel Supplies, Inc. purchased the Leader Body Shop of Coldwater, Ohio from owner Elmer Schoeppner with a stock exchange. Lefeld continued the manufacturing of small utility insulated truck beds for Meyer’s Dairy in Minster, Ohio. These beds were used for delivery of yogurt. Various other truck beds of similar design were also manufactured.

In 1969, Lefeld Welding & Steel Supplies, Inc. formed an industrial compressed gas division in Coldwater, Lefeld Welding Supplies & Rental, to serve a limited market area. Over the following years, additional product lines were offered including industrial welding equipment, manual and automatic flame cutting equipment and personal safety equipment. To enhance the compressed gas offering, specialty gases and medical gases were added. A 30-mile geographical service area was developed at that time and later expanded.

In 1983, Lefeld Supplies and Rental division was formed after the purchase of the J.E. Howell Equipment and Rental Company in Greenville, Ohio. While this division originally served the construction, commercial and home rental market, it also allowed for development and stable growth of the industrial compressed gases and welding supply product lines into the Darke County market area.

In 1996 Lefeld Welding & Steel Supplies, Inc. moved into a new 28,000 square foot facility expanding all areas of the Coldwater operation. Lefeld Welding Supplies and Rental included equipment for filling oxygen cylinders at this time with nitrogen gas filling following in 2005. This facility provides the ability for our firm to serve our customers now and in the future with many value-added services, products and knowledge.

Currently, both locations serve the industrial, commercial and retail customer base with a wide array of quality product lines: Welding, cutting, safety products, industrial/specialty/medical gases, metal working tools and equipment, construction/contractor tools and equipment. We also offer many services: Welding equipment repair, oxygen/fuel equipment repair, power tool repair, bandsaw blade re-weld, equipment maintenance contract services, equipment reconditioning services and many more. Other services have been designed in partnership with our customers to meet their specific needs.

Fabrication and repair services for steel, aluminum, and stainless steel products are still offered at the Coldwater facility with an experienced and dedicated workforce to meet local customer demands. Steel bar stock is available at the Greenville facility as a service to local fabrication customers.

Present stockholders in the corporation are Stanley Lefeld and Gary Lefeld. Currently, over 40 full and part-time personnel are employed company wide.

Hopefully, this brief explanation will give you a better understanding of our company. For additional information on product lines, services, or technical assistance programs, please see our other web pages or contact us at either location or via e-mail at info@lefeld.com.